Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"The Inverted K"

Tomorrow marks the first solid test run on a rebuilt stance. Due to age concerns, Arthritis, Bursitis, and all the other "Itis Brothers", I am in the process of relinquishing my much beloved "Reverse C" finish and follow through, and switching to the much easier on the middle-aged joints "Inverted K" adress w/around the body follow through. I have been working on this conversion for several months now, and I am just beginning the process of trying it at full speed. During the experimental stages I had to revert to soft -medium feel 2-piece balls, and give up on my stash of the old 3-piece Bridgestone B330-S balls, in order to keep a respectable distance off the tee w/a slower swing. I have currently regained most of my old swing speed and look forward to what looks like a lot of added distance, a straighter ball flight, and some relief for ye olde Lumbar.

In the meantime, with the recession in full bloom, I realize that there are a bunch of folks out there like me--mid-cappers on a budget, that would do well with good 2 piece balls, at least until we find our real grooves in mid-season. Please no groans or tomatoes from "The Peanut Gallery." Long before there were respectable 3 piece budget balls flooding the market--there were high performance 2-piece balls. Many of the makers are bringing back some old favourites rather than risk building new products and ad campaigns from scratch. I've currently reviewed 2 of the ones I've found to my liking while rebuilding my swing. You'll find full length in depth reviews on the "Nike Power Distance Power Soft", and the newly resurrected Precept EV Extra Spin at http://www.epinions.com/ Simply punch in the names-- and when the reviews come up feel free to read them. Better yet--you may even join.---We can always use good writers there--and who knows. Like me--you could find it to be great fun, and another outlet for your personal Trials, Tribulations, and Victories on the golf course.

Till Later,

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment